Later in the day we went and celebrated with my Aunt's family in Parker. The kids did a little Easter egg hunt there too! The picture of the three of them was when we were trying to teach them the hot/cold game to find the last egg. After that we went to Jason's parents and had another egg hunt. By this time Declan had it down...only difference was these eggs were full of candy (my family uses hard-boiled eggs) and it didn't take him long to figure that out! We had a really nice day spending time with our families.
The Easter bunny was good to Declan this year! In his basket was some bathtub crayons, a pez egg thing, some HotWheels, jelly beans, a Horton stuffed elephant and a book about trucks! The first thing he got out of his basket was a jellybean- he never has a whole bunch of candy in his control like that. He also liked looking for the eggs that the Easter bunny hid for him.
Declan had so much fun coloring easter eggs on Saturday night! Jason cut the sleeves off of one of his old shirts for Declan to wear and Declan thought that was awesome! It was an interesting experience letting a 2-year old dye eggs. The first one he dropped into the cup from a couple of inches up and there was a small blue egg dye splash which luckily didn't make it to the carpet! He wanted to do it all on his own. He was so proud of the eggs when we were done!
I bought Declan some watercolor paints last week and he loves them. My sister got a kick out of me because I was having an OCD moment. Declan would dip his brush in the water and then mix all the colors up so every color looked like black or brown. To him it was perfectly normal. I would patiently clean them up and he would do the same thing every time. I think he has to touch the black paint before he can use any other color- I know it doesn't really matter but that day I just could not take it!
I love teaching Declan to bake and he loves-LOVES helping me make things!! He especially likes to crack the eggs and be my little taste tester!






















5 comments:
What a fun Easter. That's so nice that you are so close to family. What a good idea with the water color paints. I would be the same way about cleaning them up over and over again. It's so hard to not freak out if they aren't playing with things the right way sometimes huh? That sounds funny but it's true. As usual, little Declan cracks me up with his adorable big smile in all those pictures.
Sounds like you had a fun easter! I love that Jason cut off the sleeves from his shirt and let Declan wear it. That is too cute.
Man I just love your little Declan! His hair is ADORABLE - what a riot! Happy Easter!
Hey Chels. Yeah for sure I want to do some maternity pics. It's over by my house. We'll have to find a day thats warm :) Have a fun weekend!
Hey. How was your weekend in Cedar? You still want to get together this Friday? We need to take the kids to the park another warm day also. Drake has been asking me everyday. So hopefully soon. Talk to you later.
Post a Comment