Honestly, we've never had a real family home evening together-ever. Although it was last minute tonight we went for it. I was inspired by a friend of mine today who said that her kids just love FHE and look forward to it and she has young kids too. I guess if we never get in the habit it will just get harder and harder as our family grows and gets busier, right? We colored some pictures for some of our family in Arizona, we read some scriptures about the sacrament, we (Declan too) sang primary songs, we ate cookies and Declan and Jason posed for some great pictures. We were reading the scriptures and I was talking to Declan about sacrament and if he remembers when we get the bread at church and we say only one piece...he got this smile on his face- he remembered and something about the look made me feel like, "Oh my gosh, he really does get some of this stuff we're trying to teach him". I am really bad at recognizing the Spirit but I definitely felt it tonight. Of course, I was in tears- again (could just be the hormones). It just was so awesome to have that feeling that we're teaching him exactly what we are supposed to. So...long story but YEAH for our first FHE!





3 comments:
Chelsea, that was the cutest story! Yea for Family Home Evening! I know you can keep it up. It's so fun to see your kids learn and grow, and to know that it's because you're doing the right thing! Sometimes it's hard, but even if all you do is read from the Friend or something, it's worth it to take the time to do it. Good luck in the future - we'll have to get together and do a joint FHE sometime! Thanks for being a great friend!
Kari
Hey Chelsea, thanks for hanging out at the mall with us today. Sorry about Drake, I swear my kid is always the one putting on a show :) But Drake has so much fun with Declan and I am so glad we've started to hang out! Thanks for taking him to the dinosaurs too, so I could get Aaron's present. It's a lot easier to look around when you don't have a cranky little guy. We will see you guys on Friday.
P.S. hope all went well at the doctor!!
Post a Comment