Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My latest addiction...

My latest addiction is the "Twilight" series by LDS author Stephenie Myers. My mom and sister both read the first book, "Twilight" and then passed it on to me and once I started it I couldn't put it down. As soon as I finished it I ordered the next two from Amazon and waited for them to come. They came last Thursday and I had "New Moon" done by Saurday afternoon and I just finished "Eclipse" this morning. My sweet husband- I definitely owe him for all the time I have spent reading instead of being with him! They are so good. I am not such a huge vampire fan- I can have nightmares from hearing about a scary movie- but these were so not that way! I wish they were my books so I can lend them to you all to read. I loved them! And...in case anyone is already reading them and not wanting it to end like me....there is a new one coming out this fall! I know- what a nerd I am for letting them consume so much of my time recently!

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

My friend and I were just talking about these books and I was telling her that something must be seriously wrong with me because I may just be the ONLY woman on the planet that is not in love with them. I like them, but I'm 50 pages into the second and for some reason I just can't get into it. I think it was one of those things that was too over-hyped for me. You know what I mean? I have never talked to another person that didn't absolutely love them though so I'm with you in definitely recommending it to others. I'm still going to finish them so then we can discuss them! Which one was your favorite?

Chelsea said...

I don't think I could pick one! Plus, I can't really remember where each left off and began. I had only heard from my mom and sister that they were really good and I usually don't like the same type of books so didn't have any expectations. But since I started reading them it seems like I have heard about them non-stop. Let me know when you're done- I want to know if you changed your mind at all and which was your favorite!! Hope your having a good time in Las Vegas!