Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To!


Delaney turned one on May 15th! She woke up so sick on the morning of her big birthday party. She puked a few times and was just not feeling good. Me being the person that I am had a lot to do and a baby that just wanted to be held. Thanks to the help of my family- the party went on! We had Mexican food galore- tamales, green chili, fideo, homemade refried beans, a taco bar, chips, salsa, and the best guacamole ever. Then there were cupcakes- lots of them- Pineapple upside down cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes and lemon cupcakes (I was feeling ambitious the day before and made them all from scratch!!). There was lots of family and some friends, a broken elbow (my poor niece Amber), a baby that almost fell asleep eating her cake and some parents who with the chaos of it all forgot to give their baby the present they got her (oops!). With all of that I hardly took any pictures- and I am kicking myself for it. Happy Birthday Little Miss!


She got her present from us later that night when we realized we'd forgotten!

She was so exhausted after the party that she crawled over and fell asleep on her blankie, I think I could have been right there with her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the picture with the banner! It turned out so cute!! And the party was awesome!

Randi said...

Cute pictures. Tyce almost weighs that much. and he is 9 months.