Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Quick Game of Catch Up

Look who's back! I finally feel like blogging again. For awhile there it had become more of a chore and it just wasn't worth it. I've realized that I take more pictures of my kids when I am actually going to do something with them. I also realized that I feel pressure to have clever headlines, catchy stories and high quality photos so I am attempting to rid myself of all high expectations- and you should too!

It's been 11 months since I last posted so here are 11 highlights of the last year....

#1 Disneyland!!! In April, I drove to Salt Lake City, picked up my sister and then we drove to California. We met up with Brandon and Kelli Eudis' family and it was a blast! We partied hard for 3 days and then drove home vowing to make it a yearly tradition!

#2 Delaney turns 4!! Back in May when Delaney turned 4 we had a dolly and me tea party! Delaney invited some of her best buds and they had a blast making necklaces, having lunch and "tea," reading and being silly together! (PS- She's not 4 anymore- she's 4 and a half!!)

#3 Kovach Family Reunion. In July we canceled our normal family camp out because of all the wildfires in the mountains. Instead, everyone came to Denver and we played fun minute to win it style games, had water games, took a drive up to the Moffat tunnel and had a swimming party! It was fun and I actually enjoyed it more than I do the usual family camp out!

#4 Dulcie turns 1!! It was rough, but we all survived her first year! That alone was reason enough for a party! An outdoor movie party to be exact...first birthday's aren't for the baby anyway!

#5 Summer FUN! Ah, I love summertime! We made a bucket list of all the things we wanted to do- definitely going to be a yearly tradition. It made me get out and do more with my kids. We made homemade snow cones, went to the drive-in, wrote letters to friends and mailed them, went to Utah, went on lots of bike rides, went to the pool, stayed up late, had a living room sleepover, went on a hike, made ice cream in a bag, made play-doh, made lemonade, went to a chalk art festival, went out to breakfast, went park hopping....the list goes on! Now I am really looking forward to next summer!


#6 Camping We did fit in one camp out in the summer. We went up to Leadville to my favorite spot over Labor Day weekend. The weather forecast wasn't looking too great...lots of rain predicted but we lucked out and didn't get too much! It wasn't exactly warm but we managed. Declan was mysteriously sick for part of the time that we were there and spent a lot of time lounging in his camping chair. Jason's brother Brandon and his family came up for part of the time. We spent our time BB gun shooting, building a bridge across the river, eating s'mores, staying warm by the fire and taking Dulcie on walks. Growing up we did a lot of camping, I am glad my kids will know how to camp!

#7 Back To School First grade for Declan and pre-kindergarten for Delaney. Yes, we must call it pre-kindergarten or we all get in trouble.

#8 Declan turns 7!!! It was an exciting birthday! He got his very own dirt bike which he is pretty dang good at riding! He had a  party with his cousins and a friend. They ate, played hard until it was too dark to see and made marshmallow shooters! 

#9 We Moved!! Back in November and it has been so great! All 3 kids have loved having a yard and I love not being squished! I have room for the kids to help in the kitchen, the kids have a playroom, I have a playroom/sewing room, I've been able to put to use some new decorating ideas I didn't have room for before...it has been awesome!

#10 Quilting, I'm addicted! These are some of last year's but my list of quilts I plan to make this year is long and ambitious! 

#11 Christmas!! Like everyone, I feel like the month of December just flew by! We had a great Christmas. We really enjoyed hanging out with family. Jason had off about 10 days straight and it was awesome! The kids got a new swing set and plenty of other gifts! Jason got a new bubble mower!! (Inside there was some cash to pick out a real one- see #9) Dulcie was cranky and just yelling at everyone Christmas morning. She even was telling her baby doll no, no and taking the doll's binky away so she could use it. 











2 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

Your kids are adorable and SOOO big!!! Congratulations on the new house! Sounds like a fun and exciting year. :-)

Rachel B. said...

Chelsea!!! I am SO glad you are blogging! I totally get what you're saying about letting expectations keep you from blogging. I know I still blog plenty, but I definitely need to do more just spitting it out and not overthinking it.

So, I love how your photobooth pictures turned out. So cute! And what a fun mom you are with all your summertime activities. I'm lame. And finally, I'm attempting to get a piano this weekend off craigslist. Did you paint yours yet? I'm going to steal you to help me with mine if so.

Welcome back, lady!