We are F-I-N-A-L-L-Y done camping for the year! I cannot say how happy I am about that! It was good and fun while it lasted but by the last camp out I was just dreading it. It is so much work and we've had such a busy summer I was just ready to be home! Anyway, the final camp out was at Sylvan lake in Eagle, CO with my Mom's side of the family. We have been camping there since I was a baby and my Papa was even a forest ranger there at one point. It has changed so much over the years but there are lots of memories there and it's special for every one.
Speaking of memories, one year when me and my sister were little we were camping back in the free camping at our spot we will always call the Santistevan tree. We were playing about 100 yards from the main camp area and there was explosion of thunder and it freaked us out so bad and we were both crying running back to our parents....
One year, the year I was six, my Aunt's crazy boyfriend let me drive his truck by myself while my parents were sitting on the tailgate....
Then there was the year that my Granny broke her ankle, or the year that my dad almost got us lost in the woods, or the time my parents actually let us break open our glow sticks and run around in the dark with glow paint all over us...
Anyway, lots of memories there. We went up on my birthday and spent 3 nights. It was pretty cold and rained a lot. One of the nights was so cold that there was frost on everything when we woke up. We did fish a little bit, walk around the lake and ride the dirt bikes. Declan had a blast playing with my little cousins and throwing rocks in the river. Delaney stayed busy getting into trouble. And I'm thinking that maybe by next year I will be ready to do it all again!
No comments:
Post a Comment